Here is a great article about recognizing the signs of overtraining.
How do you know when you are doing too much?
- Persistent fatigue – are you more tired than you should be?
- Elevated resting heart rate – this may be especially evident first thing in the morning.
- Frequent illness – does it seem like you catch every cold and virus going around?
- Decreased strength and performance – are you getting weaker and slower despite your workouts?
- Insomnia – are you tired all day, but have difficulty sleeping at night?
- Chronic muscle soreness – are you muscles always sore and tender?
- High cortisol levels – you may notice it’s hard to get rid of the weight around your mid-section.
- Depression – loss of motivation and enthusiasm.